Dear Doubt,



Dear Doubt,

You have trapped me in your web way too often. I hate the tight grip you have had of my mind and heart. You SUCK. I refuse to allow you to control me any longer. You've ruined way too many hopes and dreams and it stops now. I know you all too well. You usually appear when I've decided to step out of my comfort zone. Your pull to remain the same is strong but you will not win this time. 

I will defeat you because I've made a decision and have defined my dreams and goals. Yes, I'm fully committed this time. No longer am I just holding my dreams and goals as thoughts. I know if I don't fully commit you will appear and suck the life out of them. I have made a commitment and I'll stand strong on my commitment. No matter how challenging, how fearful, or overwhelming it may seem, I'm going for it!  Why? For no other reason than because I want it and because you will not win this time.

The failure banner that you waive has no more power. I've changed my thinking about failure. If i want to succeed at something new, I know I will experience setbacks, obstacles, and failures along the way. I've redefined failure to see it as an opportunity for growth. No, I don't hope or wish for failure but no longer will I run from it. I'll steady myself and face it head on knowing that overcoming this obstacle will build my tenacity muscle. I've decided that when I experience failure, I will get up, dust myself off, assess the information I gained, revise my course and begin again.

You've so often convinced me to consider the thoughts of others. That ends now. When I spend my time and energy trying to manage other peoples’ perception of me, it's inevitable that I'll  get stuck in an inadequacy loop. There will always be someone who appears to be doing better, getting further or having more. I will not benchmark myself against others’ accomplishments and possessions.

In case you don't know, I've  even successful at other times in my life. Be forewarned that when the uncertainty inevitably hits, instead of dwelling on negatives, I will reflect on what went right and recent achievements -- with each accomplishment being another step along the path toward reaching bigger goals. I will give myself full credit for my prior triumphs and allow them to catapult me forward into new goals and dreams. 

I will surround myself with the right people. No person is an island, as the saying goes. I will keep the people who encourage me close and seek out their feedback on a regular basis. In contrast, I will distance myself from individuals who are always pessimistic.

Finally, I've placed my faith in the Word of God. I will nurture my faith by studying the scriptures and being encouraged by those who have faced doubt but overcame. I will overcome doubt with faith and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word.

Doubt you have become a heavy burden but I demand that today you "Get Lost!" Your no longer welcome and you've lost all of your power. 


Sincerely, 

Overcomer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone by Sharele Hatfield

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone Think about your life right now. Is it everything you’ve dreamed of? Are you in a good place?...