What's it all about?


The most basic question everyone faces in life is Why am I here? What is my purpose? Self-help books suggest that people should look within, at their own desires and dreams. However, Rick Warren, author of "The Purpose Driven Life" says the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God's purposes for putting us on earth.

Yes, we all have God given purposes and one of those purposes is to simply LIVE. Often times we exist in the mundane routine of daily living. We move from task to task and obligation to obligation on autopilot.

Maybe I can explain this better with an example. Not too long ago my husband and I planned a long weekend away. Leading up to the trip my anticipation grew and grew. I looked forward to leaving life with its disappointments, responsibilities and obligations behind. Our weekend was great. I had one of the most enjoyable weekends ever. However, as the trip came close to ending my mood saddened and I did not want the weekend to end.  Although I was excited to get back to reunite with our daughter, I dreaded coming back to my life of responsibility and routine. I know this expression of disappointment may not sit well with my Christian friends. I get it and I understand. I rejoice and am grateful everyday that I get to experience God's love, grace and mercy. BUT the truth is that I realized that I was only existing in this life. I was not enjoying and appreciating the beauty which is simply living and appreciating the challenges life was giving me. I was too busy focusing on and caring about a routine and priorities and not taking time to enjoy living.

God has not purposed us to just exist but to live and grow in the journey of life. I'm determined to fulfill the purposes God gave me one of which is to simply LIVE.

However, living a life of fulfillment requires that I be healthy physically, emotionally and spiritually. You would probably agree that if your ill in any of these three areas it is difficult to enjoy living life to the fullest.

Will you join me on this journey of self discovery as we purpose with all of our being to LIVE? #justlive #purposedtolive #PTL

What's it all mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone by Sharele Hatfield

Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone Think about your life right now. Is it everything you’ve dreamed of? Are you in a good place?...